Financing on Your Terms
There are four main financial paths to solar, each with its own considerations. Our in-house finance experts will work with you to assess your situation and then build a custom financial package that best meets your needs.
- In the past 10 years, solar has decreased in price by 70%
- $7.5 Billion in project financing completed
Planning Made Simple – Guidance Begins Here
With more than 30 years of experience in solar energy, we can guide you to the best combination of incentives, rate structures, financing, and investors. We can also help you look at your energy management holistically for improved returns.
- SunPower Capital owns the system on your roof.
- You pay a monthly amount to “rent” the system and use the energy you produce.
- For many customers, their lease and remaining utility bill are lower than their previous electric bill.
- System performance is guaranteed for 20 years. If something breaks, we’ll fix it.
- When you sell your home, you can assign the lease to the new homeowner. SunPower facilitates this process.
- You own your solar system, and pay for it with a loan.
- Over the term of your loan, you will repay the loan on a monthly basis.
- Loan terms up to 25 years.
- You keep any solar tax credits and/or state and local incentives for which you may be eligible.
- You can pay off your loan any time without a penalty.
- Your system is backed by our industry-leading Combined Power and Product Warranty for 25 years.
- For many customers, the combination of the loan payment and the remaining power bill is less than their previous electric bill.
- Own the system and the energy!
- The simplest path to the most solar savings is to purchase your SunPower system directly.
- A home equity loan can also be used and may be tax-deductible.
- Over time, your system will pay for itself with savings on your utility bills.